Tuesday 18 October 2011

Setting/Location Ideas

I have a few setting and location ideas.  These places will be representative or in some way symbolic to the scene they are a part of.

The first example of a location will just be a room.  The lighting should be dim.  I could easily film this in a room in college, as it will just need to be a room with large windows in the background and perhaps some trees outside.  These should be easy to find in the college.  The room setting should play only a very small part in the video, as it will be the location for the parts that occur in the present, with the character remembering back to the past.  There will not be a whole lot needed here, and weather won't really be an issue.

The next example of a location will be Whitby Abbey.

I will be able to get some shots at Whitby, which I will incorporate into my video.  The shots at Whitby will be part of the memory/flashback aspect of the music video.  I hope to get the abbey from a variety of different camera angles.

The final location will be some location outside with lots of trees.  I could either film outside of college in the grounds as there are plenty of areas there which should be quiet and free, or in the park down the street.  There should be lots of autumn leaves falling, and the trees should be almost bare.  This too will form a part of the memory/flashback aspect of the video.

Though I will film three locations, in the actual video I will have only have two settings: indoors and outdoors.  This is because I will combine the trees footage with the abbey footage in an attempt to make them into one setting.  I will have a few establishing shots of the abbey to set the scene and the gothic feel and mood.  I will then combine this footage with the main footage of the trees, in an effort to make them seem like the same location or one location.  A change in weather wouldn't really matter as it would add a possibly supernatural/mystical dimension to the music video.

No comments:

Post a Comment