Friday 11 May 2012

My final CD

The CD I have designed is very 80s punk/goth influenced, well-suited to the genre and thus very conventional.  The use of colour is important, with a heavy usage of neon glow and the colours black, pink, and yellow to create the image and the CD design.  This use of colour makes the CD feel more 'authentic' and also makes it aesthetically pleasing, giving the music connotations of being aurally pleasing and interesting.  This I believe would attract people to it.  I experimented with several idea beforehand, trying a mostly black and grey colour scheme to be as conventional as possible within the genre.  However, I found this be too dull and not 'authentic' enough, and so I changed the colour scheme and made the font more plain and bold in order to stand out clearly and be memorable to the reader.  The pink and yellow colour scheme was also somewhat inspired by cover art for the Sex Pistols.  I kept to the same colour scheme and theme throughout the CD in order to remain consistent.




No comments:

Post a Comment