Friday 11 May 2012

My magazine advert

My final magazine advert was designed to be more along the lines of 'simple, but eye-catching'.  It uses a black and white colour scheme, which makes it rather plain and not very elaborate.  I intended for it to be this way because I believe that anything too complex would distract the reader and wouldn't be very aesthetically pleasing.  Context is also important.  Since it appears in a magazine, the advert will need to be appealing to the reader in order to persuade them to buy the CD.  I used an image of the CD cover to show the actual product, and then showed some information- the kind that would usually be shown in a magazine advert for a CD.  To make it seem more authentic, I put a quote from a music magazine at the bottom.  Quotes from magazines are important in the music industry as they help advertise CDs and give them credibility.  The website address, the mention of digital download etc. also demonstrate awareness of different types of media available especially in the modern age with its modern technology, something that I think would make the CD appear more 'modern' in addition to its 'retro' feel.


No comments:

Post a Comment